Saturday, April 25, 2009

Training

I am currently sitting in Pavon (a town 8km from my site) waiting for 9 trainees to show up. They are the new group of PC volunteers and are coming to visit my site for 6 days. It should be quite an experience! I am super excited because I know that it is going to be really fun for my community. I am pretty much the only gringa that they really know, so they are going to learn a lot about how different we all look, act etc. from these trainees. Can you imagine 10 gringos in a town of 300 people?

Hopefully tomorrow their presence will help get people to attend the annual meeting of the Development Association (it is often hard to get quorum to actually have the meeting). I am also excited because all 9 of them have to teach a different English class for practice. So this week my kids are going to learn a lot of English, and I think it will be good for them to hear different accents and learn from someone new.

Unfortunately it has started raining and my road is once again very muddy. I hope it clears up, because I feel bad that the trainees will have to walk around without boots, either getting their shoes really dirty or having to walk around town barefoot.

Anyway, I am really excited about their visit and think it is going to be a fun experience! I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment