Saturday, January 2, 2010

End of school year activities

The month of December is busy at the school, as it is the end of the school year. I was proud to attend the graduation activities, and witness my host brother, Gabriel, graduate from 6th grade. Next year he is off to high school!

I also finished with Chicas Poderosas and we had a party and I handed out certificates for completing the course. The next two months will be pretty quiet around here, without school in session. Also, many people in the community go south to pick coffee during the vacation.


Also, every year a wealthy man who owns a farm in my town, but lives outside of San Jose, throws a Christmas party with high school students from San Jose, for all the kids in the community. It is a great experience for them and have a look…





No comments:

Post a Comment