Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tamales, Tamales and more Tamales

My yummy cinnamon rolls before adding the frosting.


The whole family loves Legos!!!!!

A Christmas tradition in Costa Rica is to make pork tamales, and my family lived up to the tradition by making this yummy treat on Christmas Day. However first, I brought a bit of my family's tradition to Costa Rica by making a yummy Christmas morning breakfast of cinnamon rolls and giving out presents. It was a lot of fun sharing Christmas morning with my host family.

Then we went to the grandparent's house and made lots of tamales. In this case, pictures are better than words:

The corn meal cooking until it becomes thick in consistency.


My host grandma with all of the banana leaves.


Adding all the ingredients.


Rolling the tamale.


I am very proud of my tamale making skills!!!!


My host mom tying two tamales together.


A nice action shot.


My host uncle roasting the banana leaves, because we ran out!

Ready to be steamed! (only a small portion of what we made)


My other host grandma making a different type of tamale.

Grinding the cheese to make a 3rd type of sweet tamale. The are my host dad's aunt and brother and sister, Lucia, Licho and Analive.

Yummy tamale!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment