Tuesday, January 5, 2010

¡Feliz año nuevo¡

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, with the start of the new year, I have been thinking about all the changes that will bring this year. I can´t believe that I only have a little more than 4 months left! Two years ago, I though that 2010 was such a long ways a way. How fast time flies when you are having fun.

Things in my site are going really well. I have been busy working with my counterpart, the local development association, on applying for 2 grants. We submitted a proposal to build a kindergarten classroom in mid december and this week we should be submitting a proposal to buy equipment for the community center and kitchen. Both projects would make a huge difference in the community and I am really proud of the association for finally getting their act together and submitting these projects.

I have been most proud of the Comite Tutelar, who have come up with many new ideas to work with the kids in the community for this coming year. They have already been very successful, and have many more to come.

I had a nice, relaxing Christmas in my site with my host family. I am really thankful for them and appreciate that they embraced me as another member of the family from the get-go. It is going to be really hard to leave them in a few months, but I tell them all the time that I will call them on Skype!

So, these next few months I will be wrapping things up in my site, hoping that all of my projects are sustainable and will smoothly continue after I am gone. I also plan to travel around a bit and see some more of Costa Rica. At the end of January we have our Close of Service conference where we will talk about life after Peace Corps...

Speaking of which, my plan is to get an MBA starting in August of 2010. I am still submitting applications to schools and won´t find out their decisions until March. I am keeping my fingers crossed that atleast one school will accept me.

I am really excited about returning home in May and hopefully I will get to see many of you. If all goes as planned, I will just be hanging out all summer, relaxing before going back to school. I also plan to visit Jordan and Chris in Paris for awhile!

I hope that everyone had a great New Year and I look forward to hearing what 2010 holds for you!

Love, Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment